Costa Rica News
Costa Rica News
Keep up with Daily costa rica news
- Wed, 01 Mar 2017 08:53:57 +0000: Montes de Oca unhappy with street ad displays - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
A conflict is brewing between the Municipalidad de Montes de Oca and the central government. The dispute illustrated the lack of power that local governments have in some cases.
- Tue, 28 Feb 2017 21:28:03 +0000: Hidden horrors of household rapes come to light - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
The hidden horror of household rapes came to light again this week with an allegation that a 12-year old had become pregnant after relations with her father.
- Tue, 28 Feb 2017 07:16:49 +0000: Government says hot water and no oxygen killed fish - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
The government's animal health service is blaming high water temperatures and a lack of oxygen for the death of millions of sardines. But the report released Friday does not disclose any root cause.
- Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:07:50 +0000: Massive numbers of dead fish present a mystery - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
A major environmental disaster and a mystery have appeared at the northern beaches of the Gulf of Nicoya. Hundreds of thousands of fish have died and are now floating in the gulf or covering the beaches.
- Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:03:18 +0000: Security ministry accumulating plenty of firepower - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
Despite its reputation of not having an military, Costa Rica is quickly increasing its law enforcement personal and the equipment they use. The security minister was at the legislature Thursday asking for more.
Whats happening in Costa Rica news and current events?
- Thu, 27 Apr 2017 02:06:28 +0000: Central Bank: That ₡5,000 counterfeit bank note message is fake - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
The BCCR is asking people to “touch, watch and turn” the bills to look for the security measures that show a bill is not a counterfeit.
- Wed, 26 Apr 2017 03:34:20 +0000: Employment outlook among industrial sector shows no improvement - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
Industrial entrepreneurs consider the country's high electricity tariffs as the main factor affecting their companies’ competitiveness, as well as costs of social security, high fuel prices, bad road infrastructure, unfair competition from informal businesses, and high taxes.
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 17:09:23 +0000: Offshore World Championship fishing tournament gets underway in Quepos - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
The 2017 Lucas Oil Offshore World Championship billfish tournament got underway Monday with 50 teams from 29 countries competing for the honor of top angling team in the world.
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:16:58 +0000: Venezuelan lawmaker says in Costa Rica that her people eat from garbage trucks - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
Broad Front Party lawmaker Ligia Fallas responded to the Venezuelan lawmaker, saying many Ticos eat from the garbage too.
- Tue, 25 Apr 2017 02:53:55 +0000: President Solís tours Poás Volcano region following strong explosion - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
An explosion on Saturday night hurled incandescent rocks and gases that damaged a Poás National Park’s office and also solar panels, a tower and a webcam from OVSICORI.