Costa Rica News
Costa Rica News
Keep up with Daily costa rica news
- Thu, 04 May 2017 18:57:16 +0000: Fish inspections yield dismal labeling practices - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
With the upcoming Semana Santa holidays, an inspection report sponsored by the commerce ministry yielded startlingly high results in the number of times fishmongers failed to comply with required pricing and labeling information.
- Thu, 04 May 2017 18:50:42 +0000: Pristine Pacific region is the next marine reserve - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
One of the country’s most pristine and biodiverse sections of the near Pacific has been designated as a marine reserve to protect it.
- Thu, 04 May 2017 18:50:13 +0000: Nationwide crackdown on crime to begin May 1 - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
After a crackdown on a club and another raid yielding a substantial amount of drugs, the Ministerio de Seguridad Pública is announcing a zero-hour nationwide crackdown beginning the first of May.
- Thu, 04 May 2017 18:49:42 +0000: Water bill for some yields staggering jump in cost - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
A sudden rise in the water bill is hitting some of the residents and business owners from Playa Hermosa and Esterillos Oeste hard. Both areas are located in the Pacific province of Puntarenas.
- Thu, 04 May 2017 18:49:11 +0000: Issues important to expats unlikely to be in judicial report - A.M. Costa Rica top stories
The Poder Judicial will be the focus of an extensive report that will be released a week from today. This is another product of the Programa Estado de la Nación that is sponsored by the Consejo Nacional de Rectores and the Defensoría de los Habitantes.
Whats happening in Costa Rica news and current events?
- Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:54:33 +0000: Niagara University Purple Eagles past Escazú Basketball team - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
The Purple Eagles dominated Coopeservidores Escazú in the second half en route to a comfortable 87-59 win on Tuesday night. Niagara won both of its games on its Costa Rican tour. After a last-second win on Monday night against league leaders ARBA San Ramon, Niagara made sure there was no need for the theatrics tonight. […]
- Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:57:54 +0000: Cali Muñoz didn't make it at US Open Surfing - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
The US Open Surfing in Huntington, California, was not exactly what Cali Muñoz had hoped for. Unfortunately, the Jacó surf champion was not able to make the finals. Sage Erickson (USA) and Kanoa Igarashi (USA) claimed victory today at the Vans US Open of Surfing in two-to-four foot (0.5 – 1 metre) waves on the […]
- Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:37:41 +0000: Tamarindo Art Wave Edition 2017 En-light - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
Visit Tamarindo beach for En-light. It will take place on the Tamarindo Art Wave’s Blue Line, in Playa Tamarindo. Tamarindo is a famous beach community in Northern Guanacaste, also known for its breathtaking beauty and vibrant restaurant scene. Tamarindo is a truly exotic paradise that offers all the amenities of a Costa Rican beach town: […]
- Tue, 15 Aug 2017 14:40:34 +0000: The Annual Whales and Dolphin Festival 2017 - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
It’s almost September now, so you still have time to book your trip to Bahia Ballena. The month of September is the perfect time to visit this picturesque part of Costa Rica and catch the 5th Annual Festival of Whales and Dolphins. The 5th Festival is to be held on the weekends of September 6, […]
- Mon, 14 Aug 2017 20:36:23 +0000: Costa Rica present at British birdwatching fair - The Tico Times | Costa Rica News | Travel | Real Estate
Birdwatching Central America and Operador Latino created a project with the name “Central America Birding Trail”. This fantastic initiative will be presented at the British Birdwatching Fair from 18 to 20 August in Oakham, England, as well as at the American Birding Expo from 29 September to 1 October in Oaks, Pennsylvania, in the USA. […]